Five easy steps to making the best cardamom coconut pyramid cookies.
- Ingredients: 1 teaspoon of freshly ground cardamom pods.
- 1 cup unsweetened organic dried coconut.
- 1/2 cup (or less) unrefined organic sugar.
- 2 egg whites.
- Canola oil (or vegetable) for greasing the pan.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet with a little oil.
2. Mix together the dried coconut, cardamom, and the sugar, then lightly whisk in the egg whites.
3. Form the mixture into pyramid shapes by taking a teaspoonful and rolling it first into a ball. Flatten the base and press the top into a point. Arrange the pyramids on the baking sheet, leaving a space between them.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes on a low rack. The tips should begin to turn golden and the pyramids should be just firm, but still soft inside.
5. Slide a spatula carefully under the coconut pyramids to loosen them, and let cool before removing from the baking sheet.
Coconut contains electrolytes for restoring brain activity, and cardamom is used to treat indigestion, poor appetites, diarrhea, coughs and muscular spasms. The scent alone from cardamom relaxes feelings of anxiety and aids confusion.