Five Ingredients: (cook in preheated oven at 325)
1 cup flour – sift
1/2 cup fresh cardamom-ground from pods is best
1/2 lb. or two sticks soft butter (organic and unsalted)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Sift together flour, add cornstarch and set aside. Beat together unsalted soft butter and freshly ground cardamom until light and fluffy. Slowly fold dry mixture into cardamom butter, separate and place on wax paper – wrap and roll mixture until it forms a long cylinder shape about 1 inch in circumference. Chill molded and formed cylinder with wax paper in the refrigerator until firm. This simple cookie mixture can chill throughout the holidays or until ready for baking.
- The scent of baking cardamom relaxes feelings of anxiety and aids confusion, a holiday favorite.
Cut 1/2-inch slices, rolling into 1-inch balls, place cookies on ungreased cookie sheet and then flatten the top with a fork for design and uniformed shape. Bake for approximately 18-20 minutes.
Prepare a plate covered with sifted powdered sugar and place warmed cookies on the powdered sugar until bottoms are coated and covered with white powder. Then sift or sprinkle powdered sugar on top of warmed cookie tops for a decorative presentation. The tart, and sweet combination of flavors make this simple holiday cookie a healthy choice and delightful treat.
- Cardamom has an inviting aroma and has a warm, sweet flavor.
- Cardamom has been used to treat indigestion, poor appetite, diarrhea, coughs, muscular spasms.
- Eastern Indians have long considered the invigorating scent an aphrodisiac.
Seven Steps to Manifesting
- Imagination is the great gift, imagine it, advance confidently in your dreams and let your dreams chase you.
- Live from the end – become the IAM everlasting, infinite.
- Assume the feeling of the wish you want fulfilled.
- Place attention on the positive things.
- Subconsciousness changes, notice and then change your thoughts, hear your words.
- Program yourself – recapitulate before bed, asking yourself, what it is that you really, really want.
- Feel natural, get back to what feels natural for you, be authentic.
Notes from Journey Into Healing, September 11, 2010 with Wayne Dyer